Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stuffed Capsicum Curry


I found  this recipe when I was looking at amma's handwritten recipe note book. It was age old book and my daughter has stared tearing the papers soon after she saw the book in my hands. I had a good fight with her  and at last she agreed to give me that book if I give her a chocolate. In India generally we will  get small, cute capsicum which are very  convenient for making this curry but here I get very large ones. When I went to market last weekend I managed to get some medium sized ones.So I have decided to stuff these.  I too agree that the picture was not good but it tasted great.In fact  When Amma makes this dish every one who tasted it  at our home used to ask for the recipe (If you can get small capsicum I strongly suggest  to use them.)

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Capsicum-4(Medium sized)
Besan-1/2 cup
Onion-1medium chopped
Gram masala-1tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder-2-3tsp(Adjust to your taste)
Coriander-1small bunch
Coconut-1cup(Preferably freshly grated)
Oil-3tbsp

Method:

  1. Remove stalk and seeds from capsicum and keep them aside
  2. In pan heat  1tbsp oil and fry the onion till it becomes transparent.
  3. Add besan and fry till it emits good aroma(It will take nearly 10 minute)
  4. Now add red chilly powder and garam  masala powder
  5. Before switching off the flame add coconut, salt and coriander leaves and mix it well
  6. After cooling stuff this mixture into capsicums.
  7. In the same pan add remaining oil and cook with covered lid on medium flame. capsicums till they become soft ( It will take  nearly 15 minutes to cook.If you find capsicums are getting burnt sprinkle some water)





No comments: