Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Aloo Curry in gravy


 I am in mood of making some gravy curry today and the only vegetable I got in my pantry is aloo. So I want to experiment it with different spices and finally made this curry. I have searched, searched ,searched for aloo recipes and at last found this recipe interesting.I made lots of changes to original recipe and I am very happy with the outcome.

Ingredients:
Aloo-4 medium sized (Boiled and cubed)
Onion-1 small chopped
Tomato-1 small chopped
Milk -1/2 cup.
Yogurt-1tbsp
Cumin seeds-1tsp
Oil-1tbsp
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder-2tsp(Adjust to your taste)

For Masala:
Coriander seeds-1tbsp
Pepper powder-1tsp or pepper corns-3-4
Caraway seeds-1tsp
Cloves-2
Cardamom-2
Cinnamon stick-1inch piece.


  1. Grind all the ingredients for masala to a fine powder.
  2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
  3. When they start spluttering add onion. When it becomes transparent add tomato and fry for a while.
  4. Now add the masala and fry for a while.
  5.  Now add milk.(As soon as you add the milk keep on stirring other wise milk will curdle.)
  6. Add  yogurt and continuously stir it
  7.  Now add 1 cup of water,salt, red chilly powder and boiled potato cubes.
  8. Cook on medium flame till you get the desired consistency.
Serve with hot rice, chapathi or biryani. Believe me! this curry altogether will have different flavor and taste.







No comments: