Again, this is not an expert advice but just sharing little knowledge I had.
Don't Prepare the Shopping list just before you shop
Keep a paper and pen handy in your kitchen and just make a note of an item that gets emptied or going to get emptied. In this way you can prepare a list and check it once before you shop.
If you prepare the list at the last moment you may forget few things and if you go to shop again for those few things, you may buy something else than whats required which increases the burden on your wallet.
Think before you buy
When you are in dilemma of buying something, it may be a small thing or may cost you a thousand dollars, just wait for five days and if you still wish to buy,then you can go for it. In other words don't take super fast decisions when spending the money.
Keep an eye for Local Stores
For everyday necessities like milk, bread and veggies, its always better to go for local stores or vegetable markets (Sometimes these also sell milk) than going for supermarket giants.
It is always better to buy onions and potatoes in bulk. Storage will not be a problem Just keep them in your balcony in a neat tray and wash them thoroughly before use.
Things to consider before you spend
- See there is one thumb role.Your spending always should be less than your income, there may be few exceptions but not many.
- Even though credit cards look very appealing with many attractions they charge interest on day to day basis. Don't purchase your necessities on credit card. Always there should be sufficient money for necessities in your budget.
- Try to keep an aim on savings. For example if you wish to save 100 bugs a month be strong on it. Don't be flexible in these kind of issues. Treat savings like your bills.
- Nobody knows what can happen tomorrow. Always there should be some money for emergencies.
- and last but not least, plan the budget and spend accordingly.