Recently Tartelette bug bit me and I was going through a phase of baking.She was such a wonderful pastry chef and we can spend whole day going through her blog and she is as beautiful as her pictures.Today's recipe is from her blog.This is simple yet one of the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted.
Butter-1/2cup melted and cooled slightly.
In a bowl mix together all the ingredients except butter.
Gradually add the butter and mix with a spatula till the mixture gets sand like texture.
Butter-2/3cup at room temperature
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients(Flour,Baking powder,Baking soda and salt) well.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and beat in eggs one at a time for 3minutes.
- Now gently add flour and sour cream in alternate additions by mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Pour half of the cake mixture into 9 inch square pan and then top with topping and then pour remaining batter and left over topping.
- Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 1 hour or till sewer inserted at center of the cake comes out clean.
I don't have sour cream.So I added 2tsp lemon juice to normal cream and it worked well.