Salt to taste
Water-11/2cup and you need two perforated ladles and one normal ladle to prepare this.
- Mix all the above ingredients by adding little by little water.
- Now heat oil in heavy bottomed pan. When the oil is hot, hold a perforated ladle few inches above the oil.Pour boondi into oil with the help of normal ladle.Just take batter into ladle and you rotate it in concentric circles on the perforated ladle(In circular motion).Use little batter every time.
- Fry boondi till it attains golden yellow color and drain on an absorbent paper.
I found my perforated ladle clogged after every turn making hard to pour boondi in hot oil.I just washed it in running water and wiped with clean, dry cloth.
Omapodi or Karapusa:
Sal to taste
Mix all the above ingredients with water to make dough(Softer than chapathi dough).
Fill muruku press with dough to half and rotate in hot oil.
When they attain golden yellow color remove them to an absorbent paper.
Fry 1/2 cup of peanuts and few curry leaves in hot oil.
For mixture mix boondi, karapusa,peanuts and curry leaves along with salt and chilly powder ,1tsp of oil thoroughly and store it in air tight container.(With this you can make nearly 1kg of mixture)
- Grind cashew nuts to a fine powder.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan mix sugar and water and stir it on low flame for 10 minutes,till all the sugar melts and syrup thickens.
- Now add cashew powder and mix well and stir on low flame for nearly 10 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool, until it is warm enough to handle.
- Now transfer it to clean bench top and work on it for nearly 2-3 minutes.
- Grease the rolling pin and roll the dough into 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into diamond shapes.