Some times simple things make me very happy. Seeing innocent, beautiful smile on my daughter's face, he artful talk with close friend, having simple delicious curry in a meal will enlighten my mood and make my day happy.This is one such curry which is simple yet tasty and flavorful. Again this is Amma's recipe who uses sambar powder in most of her dishes to make the dish more flavorsome.
Ridge gourd-1medium sized(Peeled and made into cube sized pieces)
Onion-1medium sized(Roughly chopped)
Carrot-1small(Made into bite sized pieces)
Potato-1medium sized(Made into cubes)
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder-2tsp(Adjust to your taste)
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they start spluttering add onion and fry till it become transparent.
- Add sambar powder and fry till it releases nice aroma.
- Now add carrot and potato and fry for 3-5 minutes
- Now add ridge gourd and tomato and add turmeric and salt
- Reduce flame to medium and cook with covered lid for nearly 10-15 minutes.
- Add red chilly powder and mix well
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot rice or roti.