This is one of my favorite sweet but never tried to make it at home. My first attempt had given very good result and we finished off everything with in two days. It is very easy to prepare and I can vouch you for it's taste.
Sweetened condensed milk-100gms
Paneer-125gms at room temperature(Preferably home made)
Oil for frying
- Grind paneer,plain flour,ghee,baking powder and condensed milk to a smooth paste and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar and water and cook it on medium flame for 15-20 minutes( one thread consistency). Add cardamom powder to it and keep it aside.
- Now take the paneer mixture. Apply oil or ghee to your hands and prepare round or oval balls.
- Now heat oil in a pan and when the oil is medium hot(It should not be very hot) add the jamuns(4-5 at a time) and fry on medium flame.Don't turn them immediately.Otherwise they will stick to ladle.Once they attain dark brown or black color on one side turn them to other side.All frying should be done on medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- Now add second batch and repeat the process.In this way fry all the jamuns.
- When jamuns are warm(Not hot) add jamuns to sugar syrup. It will take at least 2 hours for jamuns to absorb sugar syrup.
To prevent sugar syrup solidifying you can add lime juice.